A one year totally online course, which teaches students the fundamentals of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
The PGCert in ADHD is a joint programme between NSPC and Middlesex University, leading to a PGCert awarded by MIddlesex University.
The programme aims to:
- To provide students with the neurobiology, psychology, and sociology necessary for understanding and helping people with ADHD and their families.
- To instil the ability to critically evaluate evidence and to apply it to practical issues raised by people with developmental disorder, and their families
- To develop the ability to apply theoretical understanding to practice
- To ensure that successful students learn relevant research and evaluation methods
- To demonstrate methods of assessment and intervention in ADHD
- To demonstrate the use of an online environment for teaching and training
- To enhance the ability to work collaboratively with others
- To deepen student’s knowledge of, and their ability to apply, accurate and appropriate interpersonal, ethical and cultural sensitivity, and empathic understanding