Many of our courses lead to professional qualifications:
- Successful completion of the DProf in Existential Psychotherapy & Counselling by Professional Studies qualifies graduands for full membership of the University Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (UPCA) and thus also for the Universities Training College (UTC), which confers eligibility for accreditation by the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) as an existential psychotherapist; it also qualifies the successful graduand for accreditation with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. and for recognition as a BAPC supervisor
- Successful completion of theDCPsych in Counselling Psychology & Psychotherapy by Professional Studies conferes eligibility to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). It is a legal requirement that anyone who wishes to practice using a title protected by the Health and Care Professions Order 2001 is on the HCPC Register, and eligibility for associate fellowship of the British Psychological Society (BPS), chartered status (CPsychol) and BPS recognition as a qualified supervisor. With the addition of completion of the module on Sexuality and Gender (provided by NSPC) successful graduates are eligible to membership of the UPCA and the UTC, and may then apply for registration with UKCP. With the addiition of successful completion of the module on 'supervision and leadership' (provided by NSPC) graduates of the DCPsych may apply for accreditation as therapists, trainers, and supervisors by the BACP.
- Successsful graduate of the MSc in Psychotherapy Studies who enroll in and successful complete the MSc professional pathway qualify for full membership of the University Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (UPCA) and thus also for the Universities Training College (UTC), which confers eligibility for accreditation by the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) as an existential psychotherapist
- Successful completion of the MA in coaching leads to a sufficient number of hours of training and coaching practice for candidates to be able to apply for membership of the International Coaching Federation and various other coaching qualification schemes.
- Successful completion of the MA in existential and humanistic pastoral care qualifies graduands to be accredited as Humanist Celebrants and to be entered into the Chaplains Register;
- Completion of the DCPsych plus the completion of an additional module on Human Sexuality, also leads to eligibility for registration as an existential psychotherapist with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy, through membership of the Universities Training College
- Successful completion of the PG Diploma or the MSc in Autism and Related Neurodevelopmental Conditions or the PG Certificate in Autism will provide the learning for successful graduates to have acquired the equivalent of level 3 competency in the " Autism skills and knowledge list, for workers in generic social care and health services", part of the Skills for Care and Skills for Health published 2013 by the Skills for Care, Leeds and the Skills for Health, Bristol. A supernumerary module of case-work supervision, which is currently provided by Professor Tantam, is available through the Existential Academy to bring your equivalent competency level up to level 4.