- NPSC Courses
- 2012-2013 fees
- DCPsych: Doctorate in Counselling Psychology & Psychotherapy by Professional Studies
- DProf: Doctorate by Professional Studies in Existential Psychotherapy and Counselling
- MSc in Psychotherapy Studies
- MA in Existential Coaching
- Foundation Certificate in Psychotherapy & Counselling
- Professional Certificate: Existential Supervision & Group Leadership
Psychotherapy and counselling training includes an element of practice learning, an element of learning about a particular method or approach (for example, existential therapy or psychoanalytic therapy), and an element of learning about basic concepts in psychotherapy and counselling that are common to all of the therapies. These basic concepts have been itemized in the syllabus of the European Certificate of Psychotherapy (ECP) drawn up by the European Association for Psychotherapy. The MSc provides teaching about all of these basic concepts, following the syllabus of the ECP, but in addition considers the evidence for them, and encourages learners to debate them critically.
The MSc is aimed at three groups of students: 1. experienced psychotherapists and counsellors who want to revisit, bring up to date, or extend the theoretical underpinnings of their work; 2. students studying at training institutes who have a partnership agreement with NSPC to provide elements of their theoretical training; 3. people who want to know more about psychotherapy, without committing to a training.