Bookmarks

MA in Existential  Humanist Pastoral Care

This is the first MA of its nature in the UK and we hope that it will provide a much-needed pathway towards professional work in pastoral care and chaplaincy from a non-religious perspective.  We are working closely with the Humanists UK to achieve this objective. Graduates should expect to work across a range of sectors including education, healthcare, the prison service and the armed forces, as well as gaining accreditation as a humanist celebrant. In addition, the MA will provide probationary accreditation to become a Humanist UK funerals, weddings and baby naming celebrant.

Recruitment for a September 2017 start has now started and we welcome applications for candidates with a relevant first degree or its equivalent and a demonstrable interest in the field.

The course will be delivered by blended learning, with 75% of the required theoretical modules delivered as online study and the remaining 25% face-to-face skills based training by intensive study at the Existential Academy.   The flexible structure of the programme will make it easy to fit this cutting edge training around existing commitments.

Duration of course: 2 - 4 Years 

Entry Requirements:

  • At least a second class first degree or an equivalent professional qualification
  • Regular, reliable and private access to the internet
  • Fluent English (IELTS for study score of 7.0 or TOEFL score of 87)
  • Personal suitability for the course to be demonstrated at interview

 

This course is subject to validation by Middlesex University and the UK Board of Healthcare Chaplaincy.

Start Dates:

Autumn, Winter and Spring start dates are available on this programme